Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Perception

At the request of a friend, I am going write on my take on perception.

Is perception, in fact only an image we form of things, not how they actually exist but how we perceive them to be.

To clearly explain this, what we perceive is not always correct.

In my case, I always perceive things as my mind makes me see them. My mind thinks different from how I feel. My gut is always telling me something different from my mind.

Am I stupid??!! Given, that my mind and instinct are not aligned. If I were, 'Bright', wouldn’t my mind tell me things that my gut was feeling?

Is it our social conditioning that hampers our perception? Does our social training not allow us to see things as they factually are?

Sometimes, sadness is apparent on another’s' face, and yet we fail to perceive it.

I cannot make out when a person is troubled, and when the person is only being troublesome. However, if I listen to my gut instinct, it always tell me.

But listening to your gut, requires guts!!

A human being is capable enough to see things as they exist. But conditioning over the years, makes us see things through coloured glasses. Our experiences are our coloured glasses.

One thing that I have realized is that things will be, how they are. Now, because I have different experiences, I see the things through my coloured glasses. As is another person seeing things, as he would, through his coloured glasses. But this will not change the thing from the way it actually does. It will remain, as it is.

What I am saying is that, people can experience the same thing differently.

If we can only come to realize this, will we be more accepting of another's point of view.
What I have come to realize is that, normally things don't exist, as I perceive them. Knowing this, I take on my life :)

2 comments:

Gautam Chintamani said...

the mind is capable of seeing things the way they are and the way things are can be understood better by looking at them the way they are meant to be.

After all the brain isn't capable of making a difference between the real and the imaginary, isn't it?

ANAND SHYAMSUKHA said...

Get your SAD Refund ( 4% addl. customs Duty Refund) Contact: ANAND SHYAMUKHA - 09331035506 E mail: anandshyamsukha@gmail.com - covering almost all major port : Kolkata Sea & air, JNPT, DElhi - all port.