Thursday, April 17, 2008

life's an adventure

If one has the luxury of a comfortable lifestyle, then, even health issues (other than painful ones) can be taken as merely introductions in your life to keep the circle of high & lows going.

I have been diagnosed with my 3rd health issue, yesterday. I now have another auto immuno disorder related issue, that is; high cortisol (cushings disease). I already have type-1 diabetes and thyroid.

I always thought that I was the healthiest person alive. If you look at me I am won't give a sign of any health issue. I am quite athletic. I had won the athletics and swimming championship even after being type -1 diabetic.

I am working as tax lawyer with a company. The job requires me to be on top of things, all the time. I have to be proactive. But the issue is that I am basically a laid back person. I don't address an issue unless its compelling. Sometimes, though when I am driven I can really get going. My brain churns out some great stuff. I can be quite an asset :)!!

Now, that I have this new health issue, for the first time, I am feeling that I am being laid out more than I can handle. I have recently bought a house. That means I have loan to be paid of, for the next 20 yrs. Well, all this is great, the only thing is that I am feeling tired all the time. Being laid back and now also feeling is a really scary combination. It puts my job at risk. Wow!! this is pressure. Another thing with me is that I can't handle pressure :(.

I am feeling quite low. I am the only child. So, my parents are also of no help, given that they are just bouncing of walls, in panic. Concerned about me, to the point, its mighty irritating. I get no space from them. Which, when I ask for, hurts them, then gets them angry. This anger is also unburned on me.

I can't seem to handle it. You know... I had started off writing, being upbeat. But now look... this is sounding quite low. Because it is!! I am low!! What can I say. I am!!!

One pandit, told me that only good times ahead. :) I am waiting. tick tock ... tick tock...

Hmm... if I really look at this. I am not so badly off. Faced with a hurdle, no doubt. But if we all have to have some share of lows, I definitely am ok with this, than being given 'no money' status, or losing some one dear. Also, I am not withering in pain. Just get tired.

I am, also, not being brutally raped or murdered. Phew!! Thank god!! Those lows would be terrible.

If I can sustain my job, be upbeat, I will have it sorted. Nothing more to wish for. Actually that’s not true. I love to shop. Actually I binge. Shoes, clothes anything and everything.

I believe that we have one life, and the only reason to be alive, is to enjoy it.

Feeling better again.

Also, you know, I am kind off vain. I think I am stronger bigger better than anyone. I pride myself, that I don't let things keep me down. This may also be because I don't gauge the seriousness of anything. But then I justify this by the fact that 'live in the present'. Present is all we have. Past is lost. Future is just that, it's not the present.

So the latest introduction of the health issue seems to be, to just keep the balance in my life. I was having a ball. So this has been introduced. Well!! I will deal with it and enjoy life. Where's the vodka?!! Where's it to be had...?!!
Goa??

No comments: