Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Joys of a car that wobbles

Driving to work today, I noticed that my car's wobbling had gotten more pronounced. I had been pending getting the wheels balanced. But the time had come.

I love to drive the car on the NH 8 expressway at night with good music (U2, coldplay, David Grey, Tracy Chapman, 4nonblondes,REM, INXS etc) at speeds btw 130 - 140 kmh. This is the best thing I like about living here in Gurgaon.

But to continue enjoying this, I need to get the wheels balanced, or else the wobbling won't stop. And its no fun driving fast on a wobbling car.

I first noticed the wobble when I crossed 100 kmh on my way to work, today.

I didn't like, discovering this. The time and effort it would require. Also, I slyly suspect that as my rear tyres have done more than 45000 km they may require to be changed. Tyres aren't cheap anymore. OH Ho!! the kharchaa!!

I did try to see this as not an immediate problem. I could learn to enjoy the wobble. When the car wobbles and high speeds... its like being shaken by the vibrating belt machine at the gym. Yes, that contraption that shakes all your insides, once you have dared to strap it on.

The car wobble is just the right amount of vibration, that the gym machine can never achieve.

I am planning on Goa this Dec, so the first thought that came after I really felt the wobble, all through me, was the way my tummy was responding. I actually felt my tummy wobble. Oh Ho!! What a spirit dampener. I had a stomach that wobbles. I have to get in shape before the Goa trip, on priority basis.

Well I am too lazy to have the wheels balance, or buy new tyres. So, for now I will play hip hop music, that may set my mood for enjoying the wobble. But now that I think again, I don't think that my cars' wobble will match the Hip Hop rhythm (anyways I don't like hip hop... just one song of Shaggy's 'strength of a woman' and another song, I don't know by whom, 'pretty fly-for a white guy'.

Lets see how long I can enjoy the current status, I think not long, also dad may be over for the week-end. I can trick him into exchanging cars for a day. He won't be able to resist but have it fixed. Fingers crossed ;)

No comments: