Sunday, February 3, 2008

My take on 'Life'

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans... John Lenon.

One of the things that I have realized is that you can't plan Shit!! Meaning to say, we are foolish, if we thing that we can plan our lives for ourselves.

Krishna said that we are not the 'doers'. We are only following out what has been planned for us. One of the high points of my MDP course at IIMA was when Dalai lama was put this question. If one believes in destiny, can one also believe in karma? Dalai Lama had answered that the two were not contradictory. Both were at play, however, destiny may be more dominant.

My take is that, one can only plan for a task, that also, only the one at hand. Planning your life, should be recognised to be only a pastime.

Also, I believe that nobody is a self made man. Only, that the person who rose from rag to riches, was destined. He is the one chosen by the 'the greater force' to do that role.

All of life's a stage, and we are merely players.

I have also been a part of the planners. I used to plan everything. I, also, used to have every one give me their inputs, hmm... you know... for better planning. Well!! What can I say... it bit me in my ass.

I now, do not plan anything more than the next few hrs, if at all. I may plan ahead for my flight and some such. Nothing more. I really want to be able to live in the moment.

But, as I am yet not enlightened, I sometimes give in to planning.

I couldn't resist but write on 'Marriage' here. I have come to believe that marriage should not be planned. So to say that one should marry, as not a part of 'my future should be safe plan' but one should be spontaneous and marry. Not as a compromise. Marry, only out of you own will. Not of parents or any well-wisher!!

Marry when you want to be with that person, not because, age is passing by or that one needs to have security - of money, from loneliness etc

No comments: