Thursday, October 25, 2007

My random thoughts

I get depressed a lot. But I have found a way. The key is to bring down your expectations to a level which are an absolute must. You have been told a 1000 times, but has it really sunk in 'count your blessings'. In my case, I can say it has. Sometimes when I am stressed, I feel that life is so unfair. But the thing to do at times like these is to count the blessings.

Have you ever thought of how lucky we are because we can see. I am in a traffic jam... been in it for last 1 hr at 2am, well now is the time I remind myself that I can see. What a wonderful thing... sight (pwr to smell also quite a gift)... to see the grains of tar on the road... its texture... the smell of mud when it has rained... the unfazed cow regurgitating, while you are stupidly stressed.

Simplicity... that's the key to joy... keep it simple... expectations, actions, thoughts... the whole deal.

Enjoy sipping your tea/vodka (depending on time). Its like mediation. When I have a lot of work piled up, I focus on my tea drinking. What a stress buster!!

When dealing with people... if they give you stress... focus on the bare minimum... does this person want to kill me... if he doesn't... than don't stress over him. But this can be tricky, because... there have been times when the person who think doesn't want to kill you... actually does... my Dad.

He has told me that I shouldn't have any qualms that he won't kill me... he would if I didn't back off... from getting on his nerves... which I have to confess... I really do ... get on his nerves...

We love each other to death... death!! the key word...

Other than him... not many stress me out... My mom on the other hand is a complete stress buster.... :)

Once we are in the middle of traffic... I am focusing on the gift of sight... suddenly a scooterist squeezes himself into a gap ahead of me... which I didn't think existed. He is wearing a checked & stripped blazer... not making this up... it had both patterns... ha ha... then my mom goes... "his coat is so 'Noisy'". Ha ha 'Noisy'... I cracked up... ha ha... then she explains... she meant 'Loud'.... she pleaded it was a slip of the tongue... (my dad's comments on moments like these is "So much so for Sna' education, money down the drain").

I love her to death... ha ha "Death' again.

Another thing that I have found that I get so shallow in my thoughts sometimes. Again the thing I do here, I break out of them. I step back and analyse... as if I am looking at myself in the bigger scheme of things... as God would ... look at us below... Most of the time, this shows me that My thoughts are so self centric that in the bigger scheme they are just pointless.

I am not saying that I looking for 'world peace', only my own peace. If you detach yourself from your thoughts and analyse them objectively you will see how futile they are.

Another thing that I have noticed is that I am a creature of habit... like I always look for the closest parking spot. One time I was looking for the closest parking spot at Siri Fort, but then I started laughing at the madness of it. There I was, at Siri fort, to jog... but I was looking for a spot closest to the jogging track.. Complete madness!!.


Once, I came close to tears, when I didn't find a spot for parking. I thought I nearly had a break down. Ya! I know, sounds that I am slightly unhinged... what can I say... may be I am. Well I could have been other stuff adding to it (my past & recent miseries). This is when I had discovered to thank god for the stuff I took for granted... being able to see, smell, walk.

Wait a minute... I have another theory. I.e. 'God gives you how much you can take'. So, the thing to do is lower your threshold. To not contradict my earlier theory. This theory is only for outward drama, for God.

Freak out at the slightest (eg. break down on not finding a parking spot). I used to have a very high threshold, earlier. So, I got a lot of bad happenings. Now that I have discovered Gods' equation, I have brought down my threshold. You even stare at me rudely and I am going for a complete break - down. Amazingly, God seems to have eased up. Lets see for how long, before the cats out of the bag.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I've heard ur dad's comment once to often myself - he!he! I'm also going to keep ur theory of lowering my threshold :) Payal