Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Friends from law school

I have some great 'original' friends. Pandey, is my one such original friend. You know... now that I think about it, these friends aren't going to be happy about me writing on them... Hmmm ... anyways, Pandey - we met in Chd in 2k. We are batch mates from law school.

For the first year, I don't even remember seeing Pandey in class. This may have been because he used to be a back bencher, later we discovered it was a place for some great naps. I however, was the first row bencher, with 2 other friends. We guys used to sit up front, because we felt more 'in control of the teacher'. The teacher couldn't miss us. We were rock stars, with a death wish!!

To illustrate, Pooja my friend in 1st bench seating, started drawing a caricature of the Teacher (Mr. Prem Nath - awardee - President's medal for being a great teacher or something). Well Mr. Prem Nath, caught on, he started to approach us, his hand outstretched, moving towards Pooja, You know, I can't imagine... how we all got so in sync, that before he could get hold of Pooja's hand, Pooja stood up, and somebody yelled, from the back, 'Rape'... 'Rape'.... Ha ha... totally crazy...

There, the whole class marched up to the Chairman.

Chairman questioned Pooja, if this was true. Ha ... ha what could she have said... but with a lot of nudging from fellow class mates... she said... that Mr. Prem Nath had approached her with a 'lustful look' or something on these line... Well, the Chairman knew our class. So, he was unfazed, told us to go back and settle down.

Of course we didn't do that. We went for a mass bunk.

Coming back to Pandey... I don't remember now, I don't know if he does too (Pandey, confirm by leaving comment), I think he may have slept through all of this.

Well, Mr Prem Nath, got back, he marked all of us, 'absent', most of the time. When we later found out, he had explained that we may have been physically present but we had never been mentally present.

Pandey & I would end up nearly everyday meeting for breakfast. Aloo Paranthas & butter. He was normally going through a hang over, & I was perpetually late for 1st class, as I used to drive down from Himachal for my classes. (Just an hours run, if you drive fast)

Pandey is great shakes now. A top notch lawyer with a top notch firm (AZB).

My other friend from Law is Ritesh alias Ritz. Ritz became Ritz in Manchester during LLM. Ritz is Ritzy in his haircuts and Shoes. Very Touche', as well on this.

DJ is my friend through Pandey, also a lawyer, with Nestle. Well, he too, is khafi 'Original'. Ha ha ... I remember I once called a friend and mentioned DJ. She said 'Creep'. HA ha ...lol... well, he does wear white shoes (latest buy a pair of goodyear's, loves the detailing, great sole to these shoes... all duly pointed out), but a handsome fellow. Creepy... ha ha... never...

Ritz, Pandey & Dj, with another friend from Punjab ('True Kaka style') & another very pretty friend Amy (also Amrita), were over at my place, just sometime back. These guys, in their guitar playing went from "tequila sunrise' Eagles to 'Chiknii' - Pandey's original compostion. The fun we had... talking about Lamba (another batch mate).

Lamba is a breed apart. Good hearted fellow, but totally nuts. Name dropping... one of the many such of his hobbies. Ha ha ... cute chap.... gets caught every time, just blushes, beet root red (shows on his snow white face).

The True Punjabi Kaka friend of mine, used to have a 350 Yamaha. I used to have a Zen Classic. Ya! the crazy zen, made to look like a vintage car. Looked like a cross between a beetle & an Impala.

We both exchanged vehicles, and positioned ourselves for a drag race. We had a great stretch of a broad road running parallel to the front of Law dept.

A friend flagged us off... My first time on a bike... a 350... WOW!! what an experience, of course I won. You can't beat bike in a sprint, only I had had some trouble in the start and only manged to cut him where the road had ended and the hedge had begun. Well I got scrapes... but it was worth it.

My Constitution teacher, had seen this, But how I appreciate that she had only smiled. Aww... so understanding. Best Teacher, Ever!!

Somethings were just great back then!!

We guys meet every week-end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks Amrita,

the alleged shoes are adidas orignals... pandey and khosu must be really happy with this blog..ha ha ha

Unknown said...

Amrita, i wont relent keeping crazy hair styles or wearing ritzy shoes...NEVER...u write blogs or do whatever ...This passion will go on unabated...i promise..Thats my trademark and i feel myself !!and the day u see me sober, u can safely assume that i have conceded to a female who successfully domiated me through to chnage me !! sounds very romantic but honestly, i am incorrigible...And few years down the line this blog will make us nostalgic..n LAUGH (LOL)..

Amrita u are right, i am fuckin touchy about my shoes n hair styles..!!

Nostalgia is a great fuel to keep great friendships alive!!!! More importanly, we must make memories that can shine through our lives!!!! Thanks Amrita for giving me food for thought!!